Well I’ve finished the work on the office. The painting got done on Friday and Saturday. I started on the lights late on Saturday and finished off on Sunday morning. Then I started on the sockets and installing the heater and thermostat.

On Monday I finished off the wiring and the connections to the consumer unit. Then the moment of truth… turning the power back on!. All working ok.

The thermostat controls a panel heater via a relay, this means that the heating in the office is independent of the main house central heating, but it is also partly in the ground so it’s temperature profile will be different anyway, naturally cooler in summer compared to upstairs. I suspect the heating might be used slightly more compared to the main heating. But room is well insulated so hopefully it will be cozy down there.